Monday, April 11, 2011

Digital LLama Logo and cards.

I started off with the idea of using a "Digital LLama." The name came from my friend's inability to say my last name. I found it humorous and easier to pronounce than my last name so I drafted an idea for a logo.

I did several color comps of the logo to see how it would look. I found the solid black to be the strongest as it was the easiest to read in various sizes. The grid patter would blend with the colors too much in the other designs.

I first tried a design that would simply feature the logo on the front of the card.
My information would then be found of the back of the card.

I then decided to try a design that featured both the logo and information on the same side of the card. I made the name large to make sure it's grabs the reader's attention first. I chose a font that fit the graphic style of the pixel llama. I tried a lighter blue background but feel that there may not be enough contrast and the text will be hard to read.

I then tried a design where I used strictly black and white for added contrast. I added the border to frame the card and help take away from some of the extra negative space.

I tried the same design but this time lowered the text to align with the bottom of the logo.




No comments:

Post a Comment